Water UV Purifiers
Ultra Violet Water Purification - Domestic • Industrial • Agricultural
UV disinfection units use ultra violet light to kill bacteria in the water. This technology is widely used around the world to ensure safe water without the use of chlorine or other unpleasant chemicals, which eliminates the risk of chemical overdose or imparting a bad taste.
They are usually fitted to water supplies from springs and boreholes to improve the water quality and bring it to EEC standards.
It is recommended that sediment filters be fitted to the UV to ensure maximum bacteria kill.
Units can be sized to your requirements.
• Providing safe drinking water from wells, springs and other untreated supplies
• Incorporated into water filtration and treatment plants
• Fish farms for the control of micro-organisms
• Algae control in ponds and general aquatic use
• Re-circulating loops and high purity water systems
• Enhances overall water safety
• Effective destruction of dangerous organisms that can pass through
• No residuals, harmful chemicals or chemical by-products such as Trihalomethanes
• No effect on taste, odour or clarity or quality of the water
Our ultra violet systems all utilise low pressure mercury vapour discharge lamps to produce ultraviolet light at the 254nm wavelength (UVC), which is lethal to micro-organisms. The stainless steel chamber incorporates a high purity quartz sleeve around the lamp. As water passes through the chamber, UVC light penetrates and destroys the cell structure of the micro-organisms in the water.
The chambers are manufactured from hygienic 316L grade stainless steel, ensuring reliability and efficient hydraulic operation.
We usually install single lamps, which feature an opposing port design for easy installation in either horizontal or vertical positions.
Simple to install, low maintenance, economical
Installation of a UV system is simple, fitted in the water line following any pre-treatment that may be required.
The system requires no attention and only periodic maintenance. The UV lamps are easy to replace and only require changing after one full year of use.
Due to efficient design and the use of high quality components, running costs are extremely low; a UV requires less energy than a typical household light bulb yet can disinfect the entire water flow to your home.
If you would like more information, or if you would like to discuss your requirements, please contact us - our expert staff will be happy to help you.
Telephone: 08448 007 290